Married at First Sight: One Month Down, FOREVER To Go? (S8, E9) | Full Episode | Lifetime
– Ladies and gentlemen, please rise – [sighs] Holy [bleep] This is one of the craziest things I’ve ever done to find love – I’ve got this. I’ve got this – Marrying a stranger is a huge risk Oh, my gosh But I want someone to share my life with, and I want to find love – Four weeks ago, eight singles took a brave leap of faith in order to find love – Hi – They married as complete strangers – Kiss your bride! [cheers and applause] – It feels great to say I have a husband now – Hi – Hi – Hey – Last time, our couples explored each other’s pasts in an attempt to figure out their future – Back home – Hey, baby – This is where we spent most of our time – Yeah, we used to play wall ball right there We didn’t have racquets, so we just used our hands – Oh, wow This has definitely been eye-opening for me, because we didn’t grow up the same way – So this is my parents’ place – Our parents’ place – Yeah, yeah [laughter] – I’m ecstatic I got married at first sight to Stephanie Growing as an only child, I’ve always dreamed about marrying into a bigger family And it just couldn’t have been any better of a situation – You can start cooking more – You want me to cook? – Yes I’m definitely not cooking three meals a day I’m not a housewife You keep saying you had this traditional upbringing I had a traditional upbringing My dad cooks, like– [sighs] I don’t know – I just feel like I’m putting in everything that I can, and this is me, and there’s really nothing else that I can do [upbeat music] – Tonight, with only three weeks until decision day, the couples celebrate a huge milestone, their one-month anniversaries – If we’re as happy as we are in one month, I don’t even know where we’re gonna be in a year – We might explode – We might explode [laughter] – I made dinner – I don’t believe it – You don’t believe it? – Mm-mm – Well, you gotta taste it to believe it – Like, if he keeps doing things like this, then I just may fall in love with him – So what would you rate me as a wife? – I’m gonna say, like, uh, 6.8 – A 6.8? Whatever I just feel a little shocked by this and kind of a little hurt – I woke up today just hoping There’s, like, a little sliver that, it’s our anniversary Maybe we can do something nice today, and– [indistinct speech] I can’t [indistinct speech] [sobbing] – Four couples were matched by experts and married as strangers Then, after seven weeks, they must make the decision for themselves – So at this moment, you have to decide– – Do you want to stay married? – Or do you want to get a divorce? [bright music] – ♪ No holding back ♪ ♪ No holding back ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ It’s all or nothing ♪ – This is “Married at First Sight.” – ♪ There’s no other way ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ It’s all or nothing ♪ ♪ ♪ – ♪ Hearts are spinnin’ ♪ ♪ Dancin’ through the light ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ Tomorrow we return to nothing ♪ – I always wanted to go here – [indistinct speech] – Yeah – We’re over halfway through the experiment, and our couples are on the eve of their one-month anniversary It’s so important to celebrate anniversaries and milestones for any couple, but it’s especially important for our couples, who met and married as strangers – Whoo. Hi – Hello. How are you? – So on the behalf of my colleagues and myself, we are kicking off this milestone with a special dinner for our couples, who have all come so far in a very short period of time This is a celebratory night A month might not be a lot in other people’s lives, but in your lives, it’s been a big deal – Yeah – And it’s a big marker So given that you have taken on a particular type of marriage with many more requirements than almost everybody has to face, why should anyone get married? What is it that you found that it offered for you that was, you know, either what you expected or what you hoped for or was a surprise about marriage itself? – Waking up every morning with a smile – Aww, that’s cute [laughter] – I love it – Am I blush–I feel like I’m blushing [laughter] – Yeah – You are – Aww – I can just see, like, Steph is very happy, and I wish that it could just be like that for Luke and me I think that after one month, it feels a lot different than I thought it would feel to be married I knew it was gonna be hard Didn’t think it’d be this hard – What are, like, the biggest challenges of this experiment, either with each other or just the documentation?
– I don’t know I feel like I’m really, like, putting myself out there, you know, and even after the few, I guess, arguments or disagreements that we had, it’s, like, be willing just to look forward, you know, and not run at the first, like– you know, like, sight of an issue – That’s one of the things I’ve learned in marriage, is you’re not gonna love everything about somebody else, but if you can accept them and still love them, that’s as good as anything, I mean, because that’s what you want back – Right – So now I have an exercise for you all, so I want you to get a card and get a pen ♪ ♪ Okay, so you’re gonna give yourself a number from one to ten about how you feel you’ve been as a spouse ♪ ♪ – Oh, my God It’s not rating Will It’s rating me as a wife, and that’s kind of–you know, it’s intimidating when you really think about it, because you have to be honest with yourself – All right, first couple, one, two, three ♪ ♪ Tell me why you gave yourself your numbers – Doesn’t surprise me that we oddly picked the same thing – I also didn’t give myself a ten, because I realize that I have had frustrations that she’s had to help me through I mean, you–they should have told us Homework is normally done at home This isn’t detention This is homework – And we did think that, like, this was a possibility Do you want to bring that? – I mean, we can have a discussion about it, but I’m not just gonna start ripping this place apart right now – City Tap – Let’s–let’s just go somewhere We’ve been talking about it for 20 minutes We’re gonna end up not eating anything – Oh, no, no, we’ll definitely go – I feel like she hasn’t seen the absolute best version of me at all times Everybody has room to do better, myself included – For only a month in, we’re doing pretty damn good, and where we see we both individually can improve, because you’re your own worst critic, we know that together we’re stronger, so I think that we just have a really good partnership ♪ ♪ – I– – No cheating – He’s trying to change it No changing it Don’t try to change it now [laughter] – Okay – Give me the pens – Okay, you guys ready? Okay, one, two, three ♪ ♪ You’re both sevens ♪ ♪ Okay, let’s explain why you think you’re sevens – Just because there is room for growth, and we are opposites in different ways, so it has been a adjustment just kind of, like, learning his personality ’cause he’ll come home, and he’ll be, like, “I need to run, and I need to go to the gym.” And I’m just like, “No, come watch this show with me.” So it’s, like, just kind of just learning each other in that sense – I think slowly but surely I’ve started compromising Like, I’ll go run and then just kind of come sit on the couch and, like, you know, watch some TV show, like, that I’m really not interested in, but, you know? My comfort level with Jasmine has grown tremendously – Well, at least they’re like, if you’re ready or nah – They’re prac–Yeah, they’re practicing safe sex – Yup, that’s right Do you feel like I’m not attracted to you? – No – As long as you know that I’m attracted to you and you don’t look at me like, “Oh, yeah, he’s cool This is my pal.” – Yeah Your romantic fantasy – You could wear some glasses, like a librarian type of look going on – Okay – And now a month later, we joke a lot, so I’m happy with the progression of our marriage – Thank you Okay, we’ll do a one, two, three over there – Oh, goodness – One, two, three ♪ ♪ 8, 8.9? [laughter] – 8.9 – Not a perfect 90, you know, but– – 8.9’s pretty good – [inaudible] – It’s up there – Girl, you a nine Just round up – Why you gave yourself– – Because I’m not perfect, but I think I’m doing great, you know? I like to–I’m trying to help him adjust to our lives – I’m not the greatest husband, but I do try to please her as much as I can – He does He’s very thoughtful I feel like he is doing a great job, you know? I have a few complaints This one snored – Oh – [laughs] – If I could wear it every day, I would My friends’ll tell me, “No more.” – Yeah, I already say no more I don’t know; I feel like you think I replaced your grandma, get three meals a day, and all ask you to do is clean But, like, we still have great chemistry And to be honest, he could have went a little bit higher, and I wouldn’t have complained about that [laughter] – All right, last two Let me give you one, two, three – 7 1/2 Both: 7 1/2 – 6.5 – 6 1/2? – Aww – Oh, come on, Kate – Kate – I feel like you’re doing better than that ♪ ♪ I didn’t expect it to be, you know, 100% perfect, but it’s very shocking to me that Kate’s rated herself so low I guess I thought she thought higher of herself in our marriage I can’t read her mind – We’ve talked about this already He knows where I’m at
– No – What? – I don’t know how you think about yourself – This is, like, how I feel about it – Okay – Luke put himself at, like, a 7.5 That’s a little high [laughs] But I gave myself a 6.5 as a spouse because I feel like I am trying, but I’m not getting results I mean, it was obviously on my mind that I wasn’t sure, like, if you were attracted to me Luke and I just kissed for the first time He said that he felt dead inside – He’s worried you’re drinking too much – So if this doesn’t end the way that you want it to, will you feel like you’ve put forth your best effort? – Yes, I do ♪ ♪ – If it’s not getting traction in the way you want, it doesn’t mean you aren’t doing a good job as individuals You’re doing your very best, and my sense of it is you probably are way up higher on what you’ve done and all the things everyone’s had to put into this to be where we are now So I do want to congratulate you all for what you’ve put in and all the growth you’re obviously experiencing – Thank you so much for having us – Thank you for having us – It was really fun ♪ ♪ – ♪ Circles falling through the atmosphere ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ These are things that you don’t want to hear ♪ – Um So why’d you put yourself so low? I don’t think you’re doing that bad – Like, a 6.5? – Yeah You don’t feel like you’re doing anything wrong, do you? – I feel like in every other relationship in my life I’m at a 9.9, but with this one I’m at a 6.5, and I’m just, like, stuck, and I have no idea how to get higher I just feel like it kind of doesn’t feel like a marriage right now, because there’s no romantic part of our relationship So that’s a big part of marriage, and that isn’t there, so I need to say something I mean, it’s cool if I’m just not doing it for you – Don’t do that – What? I mean, that’s what it is I’m just trying to be realistic ♪ ♪ If the issue is that I’m just not, like, the person that he was hoping to marry in this, then that’s the issue, and, um there’s nothing that I can do about that I have given you everything that is me, and that’s okay Like, you married a stranger, and this isn’t the stranger that you wanted to marry, so that’s fine I’m just saying, like, tell me ♪ ♪ And then you just sit there, and you just don’t say a thing – I don’t know what to say – Well, what are you thinking? ♪ ♪ I’m trying to talk to you – You know what bothers me – What? ♪ ♪ – Come on – Whatever you want to say – That you drink so much – Yeah, and you drink too – Yeah – You threw up at 3:00 in the morning and didn’t come home the other night ’cause you were so wasted So, like, how can you be mad at me, because we both drink? – Yeah – You’re–what are you– – Luke continues to bring up this issue about Kate’s drinking as his impediment to physical and emotional intimacy with his wife However, the last time I met with Kate and Luke and I asked him point-blank to be honest about his feelings about Kate’s drinking, it seemed as if it was just an excuse for his feelings and his behavior – I’m just worried that I have put her in a situation where she’s not comfortable, and she– – And drinking as a result of that? – And drinking as a result of that – Can you give me an example? ♪ ♪ No – Whatever Kate’s drinking may be, it feels that Luke’s conversation about it is really a deflection about his lack of affection and feelings for his wife This is unfair to Kate, and if they don’t develop better modes of communication, this marriage may be doomed – I guess it makes me feel– I told you it makes me feel bad that you can’t handle the situation or that it’s, like, that terrible ♪ ♪ And I don’t want you being in a space that it’s that uncomfortable or that terrible – [sighs] – ♪ Today’s the day ♪ ♪ I’ve been waiting for ♪ – For most couples, a one-month wedding anniversary might not be a hugely momentous occasion But for our couples, a one-month anniversary
signifies successfully navigating a new marriage with a person that was a complete stranger to them just four weeks ago – I know how much you just love to work out – Me, working out, really? – Yeah – Our couples have all made great progress in the last month, so it’s really important for them to celebrate their progress by doing something meaningful, and with just three weeks left until decision day, it’s a good opportunity for them to reflect on how far they’ve come and where they see themselves headed ♪ ♪ – Yay, oh, my gosh, this is gonna be so fun – I know. It’s electric, boogie-woogie-oogie-oogie – No, you didn’t [laughter] – Today we’re having our one-month anniversary kickoff We are having some good, old-fashioned marriage competition go-karting – How are you guys doing today? both: Good – Welcome Speed Raceway, guys Those hat–that monster bin right behind you, you can grab a head sock, and you can just put it on your head – [laughs] You look so do–stupid – You look like a witch Look at you with the–or a shark I don’t know which one I definitely felt silly, and in past relationships I don’t think I was 100% comfortable with who I was or just being my true self, but with Stephanie, I’m just very confident in being able to be myself ♪ ♪ – Hi, babe – Come on – [laughs] Our marriage has been full of excitement, lots of adventures We both like that adrenaline rush We’re both extremely competitive, so there’s no way I’m gonna let her win ♪ ♪ – Whoo! ♪ ♪ – Damn, she can block – [laughs] In the past, I found it hard for guys I’ve dated to keep up with me, but that’s not a problem with AJ We really feed off each other’s energy Anything that we can do to compete and try to prove that we’re the best is what we want to do ♪ ♪ – [laughs] Man, right when you spun out, I was taking my advantage to– – You are the best opponent ever – [laughs] – Having a wife in my life really brought an element of happiness to my life that I was missing – Whoo! – Whoo! – [laughs] A month ago I was completely single, and I didn’t even know this guy And now I’m married, and it’s amazing Yay. Happy anniversary – Happy anniversary – ♪ Hopeless waiting ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ For an angel ♪ ♪ ‘Cause I can’t get above the ground, Lord ♪ – Oh, so we’re back We are back – Wow – Jasmine and I are going to–back to the winery for our one-month anniversary This is it A month ago I didn’t even know who she was So just kind of being here, letting everything come full circle, reliving that day, I think this is the perfect way to celebrate it ♪ ♪ – Oh, my God – [laughs] – Those dreadful steps – ♪ Take me back to where we were before ♪ – It is very romantic for me to come back to the winery – I’ll walk you down this time – Okay One month ago, my dad was actually walking me down these stairs to my husband ♪ ♪ And now we’re here and Will is walking me down these steps, and it feels wonderful to re-create that moment Here’s the spot – You look beautiful – Will, meet, for the very first time, Jasmine – Hi – How are you? – Good [laughter] I cannot believe it has been a month It seems like last weekend – Sometimes this feels like last weekend, and other times it feels like it was, like, last year almost, like– – Yeah – So– Seeing everything for a second time, it’s kind of surreal – I now pronounce you married ♪ ♪ – Getting married at first sight, we took a big risk and a big jump, and, you know, we didn’t know how it was gonna turn out, so I’m happy that it’s turned out well, and, I mean, she’s happy I’m happy, so it’s cool So would you do it again knowing it was me standing here? – I would I would do it again – I would do it again knowing you were standing here – Aww It’s been, of course, like, a roller coaster at times, but I feel that we are working on communication, and it’s getting better every day, and I think that we are kind of coming into terms of why we’ve been matched So it’s just– it’s a beautiful moment – I think so No, you– – I think I did like this
– See? See? You see how you just pulled me in? – No, you were leaning to me – I was just–this is for–this is for leverage – No, you were all up on me – You just pulled me in again – And I just did that to be nice ’cause I had to control you I ain’t want you to, like, do too much – [laughs] – Yes – ♪ Everyone’s talking ♪ ♪ Pay them no mind ♪ ♪ ‘Cause all I hear is ♪ ♪ La-la-la-la-la ♪ ♪ La-la-la-la-la-la-la ♪ ♪ Yo, la-la-la-la-la ♪ ♪ La-la-la-la-la ♪ ♪ All I hear is ♪ ♪ La-la-la-la-la ♪ ♪ ♪ – Hi, I’m Chef Gold – How you doing? I’m Keith – Nice to meet you; how are you? – Nice to meet you I’m taking this cooking class today to show Kristine on our anniversary that I’m willing to step up and cook – So you can start cooking more, and I’ll definitely help with the cleaning – So wait You want me to cook? – I’m definitely not cooking three meals a day I’m not a housewife You know what I mean? This isn’t the ’50s, you know? – I see – So we’re gonna make some of your favorite things from your honeymoon, some chocolate-dipped strawberries – Sweet – And a bunch of other things – Growing up with all women, they did most of the cooking, so I really don’t know how to cook So I’m super nervous about taking this class ’cause I don’t know if she has a fire extinguisher in there, and, you know, I’m just a scaredy-cat in the kitchen – All right, so here are our rib eyes – Ooh, juicy – [laughs] We’re going to season our steaks – Oh, man, I’m so scared cooking right now – Looking good – I’m really nervous I just hope that Kristine likes the way I cook or attempting to right now – Take the steak and put it on its side just like that – Mm-hmm [pan sizzles] – Hear that nice sizzle? So you can go ahead and hold that up – ♪ Oh, bring it home ♪ ♪ If you want to sing along ♪ ♪ Every girl, let me hear you say ♪ ♪ “Oh, yeah” ♪ – You look like you know what you’re doing – Oh, really? – [laughs] – After this whole month of being with Kristine, I definitely got a lot of feelings for her now I just want Kristine to see that I appreciate her, you know, show to Kristine that I’m really stepping out of my comfort zone and trying my best to make her happy at all times – There you go And she’ll like that, you think? – Oh, yeah That’s her style right there – Excellent. Okay – Boo-ya I can’t wait to see the look on her face when I lay out the plates and stuff like that and actually show her what I’ve done, and I want to see if she likes it or not I hope she does – Well done – Well, thank you ♪ ♪ – ♪ You find me ♪ ♪ Stuck burning the shadows ♪ – Today is our one-month wedding anniversary This morning Luke set his alarm for 8:00 a.m and left to hang out with his friends – ♪ Fully you saw ♪ ♪ Those eyes ♪ ♪ On me ♪ ♪ ♪ – One month ago, I never would have expected that my husband would not want to spend our one-month anniversary together ♪ ♪ It’s disappointing because it means so much to me to be married, so much so that I was willing to be married at first sight ♪ ♪ And I just feel like I have feelings for him, and I’ve become attached ♪ ♪ I know things haven’t been going well, but [clears throat] I woke up today just hoping– there was, like, a little sliver that it’s our anniversary Maybe we can do something nice today, and then– [indistinct speech] I can’t [sobbing] ♪ ♪ [sobbing continues] – ♪ Won’t be afraid to dance ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ Won’t be afraid to fall ♪ ♪ I’m gonna take a chance ♪ ♪ I’m gonna risk it all ♪ – Yay, it’s wine tasting time – We’re gonna taste all the wines – For our one-month anniversary, we first started with go-karts because we wanted to let off some stress and have fun and just have some adrenaline rush But then we wanted to make sure that there was some romance because it is a special day We are celebrating an anniversary Both: Hello – Hey, guys, welcome – How are you? – Good. How are you? – Good – Excellent – This is our first time here – Oh, welcome, guys My name’s Annie; I’m gonna be doing your tasting – Awesome – It’s great to be with Stephanie at a new winery The first one was for our wedding [panting rhythmically] [laughter] Oh, no, no, no – Oh! His poor ass is soaked right now – And since the wedding day, it’s been the greatest month of my life – This is so cute You did this for me? – What do you think? – [laughs] [whispers] I think he likes me – I think I might just a little bit – [laughs] – I really like your pants on you – You like these pants off me too, don’t you?
– They look really good in the corner – [laughs] – Stop Don’t hit the boys too hard I mean, it was near-death experience – Yeah – It reshaped the person I am – Yeah. Well, I like the person you are, so– – That’s good You married me – [laughs] Happy anniversary – Happy one monther – [laughs] ♪ ♪ Are you gonna fall in love with me? – I’m walking down that path – [laughs] – Are you on the way–are you walking down that path with me? – I’m walking down right next to you – It’s so weird to have a wife and wake up every morning and be like, “I really, really like you.” – “Really like you.” [laughter] – I do want to be in love with Stephanie I can’t put a timeframe on it I can’t guarantee it’s going to happen But I mean, if I’m forecasting here, I can see, you know, within the next quarter No, it’s not business “By Q3.” No, yeah, I want to be in love with Stephanie, and I feel like it’s soon to come Normally you’re afraid to fall in love with someone because you’re afraid if they’re either A, gonna be on the same level or B, at any point in time they can– – Leave you – “Break up with you.” – Yeah – For us, we can’t just easily break up with each other – No – You know, we have to work through things, and that adds that level of security which also breaks down those walls – It makes me easy It makes it easier to fall in love with you [laughter] It make– – I have a comment I want to make, but I’m not going to One of the things about Stephanie that I can’t get enough of is she has a multitude of different laughs – [laughing] – Evil laughs – [laughs] – Deep down from the gut laughs – [laughs] – I’ve heard her fake laugh, so now I know when she’s just trying to appease me ’cause I said something stupid – [laughs] – Determining her laugh is awesome Like, I love the fact that she has a personality within her laughter – [laughs] – No, it’s true It makes it easier to fall in love with you, because I know that you’re not gonna get up and leave me I always wanted to be married I always wanted to find my lifetime partner So I’m feeling really good because I’m almost in love, and I know that AJ is the person that I’m gonna be with for the rest of my life, and I just am very smitten And I would marry you all over again if I had a chance – That sounds like your problem, not mine – I can’t stop kissing you – Okay. You don’t have to We’re gonna be 80 with dry, cracked lips just– – [laughs] Oh, God [laughing] ♪ ♪ – Aww – Being back at the place where we got married has been a great experience And to put the exclamation point on being back here, we’re having dinner in a underground wine cellar – Looks amazing – It’s very romantic The lights are dim We’re surrounded by wine bottles It’s a really nice atmosphere – Are you happy? – I think it’s been, like, wonderful I mean, like, we started out, you know, the cool and cordial And, you know, like I said, we continue to, like, slowly progress You know, like, you got to go through the storm to get to the rainbow – Mm-hmm I’m your rainbow? – You might be the pot of gold – There’s just three weeks until decision day, and Will and I are very happy This could be the night where, you know, we get intimate and everything happens and it becomes, you know, just like a new door to our marriage opening So remember Dr. Pepper gave us the scale where we had to rate ourselves? – Mm-hmm – But we never rated each other So what would you rate me as a wife? – Ooh I don’t like surprises But, um ♪ ♪ – [laughs] ♪ ♪ [laughs] – I’m gonna say, like, a– ♪ ♪ – Don’t ruin– – 6.8 ♪ ♪ – A 6.8? – Yes Really? – Yeah – A 6.8 is so low Whatever It was supposed to be Getting a rating of 6.8, I wanted to smack him ♪ ♪ This is our one-month anniversary, and I think that I am really good as a wife, and Will has more to work on He’s been, like, a five, so I just feel a little shocked by this and kind of a little hurt ♪ ♪ That’s kind of low
– No, it’s not – It is – It’s not – Out of ten? – I’m not gonna give anybody a ten, so therefore my scale’s kind of curved, so it’s out of nine – Okay, that’s still low ♪ ♪ – I gave Jasmine a 6.8 as a wife because there are some opportunities for improvement as far as communication goes I mean, I could have lied and, you know, just appeased her and gave her something, “Oh, you’re a nine.” She would have been happy for the night, but that’s not a real reflection of what I think, so then I would have felt bad for lying ♪ ♪ – I don’t even know how you’re even thinking like that, because I cook for you I tolerate your messiness, and anything you ask is done, so I don’t understand ♪ ♪ – You gave yourself a seven out of ten, correct? – Mm-hmm – It’s 0.2 points lower than you gave yourself – That was being humble – You’re at a 8 out of 10 I’m at a 6.8 out of 9 If you break down the percentages, I’ll bet you that’s really, really close I might even be higher than you – No – You want me to–you want me to whip out my calculator? – I don’t need you to – ‘Cause I think I might have gave you higher than you gave yourself – Okay Our anniversary dinner was supposed to be very romantic, but instead I feel kind of disrespected by the number, so I guess we’re not going to have sex tonight ♪ ♪ – Anything else you want to talk about? – No – No? Cool ♪ ♪ – ♪ Wanna feel the burn of your bonfire ♪ ♪ Wanna feel the burn of your bonfire ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ Bonfire ♪ ♪ ♪ – Today is our one-month anniversary, and I have no clue what Keith has planned this evening And I’m really excited to find out what this could be – ♪ Wanna feel the burn, bonfire ♪ ♪ ♪ – You look so nice Hi, baby – I made dinner – You made dinner? – I made dinner – I don’t believe it – You don’t believe it? – Mm-mm – Well, you got to taste it to believe it Come on, have a seat here – Where? – Have a seat – I’m just shocked and completely floored I see rose petals around, and I see food already prepared, and he’s dressed in all black and a tie and looking very good in front of some very delicious food – And I just wanted to do something special for our little anniversary So you shocked? I was nervous when you came in – I’m extremely shocked Now I got to try it – Now– – Now I got to try it – Tell me. Tell me – I will ♪ ♪ – I’m watching to see if Kristine’s liking my cooking ♪ ♪ I’m feeling nervous, anxious ♪ ♪ – [laughs] It’s really good – Really good? – It’s really good – Mmm – I can’t believe you’re cooking – You know why I’m wearing all black, right? – Why? – ‘Cause I killed this thing [laughter] You know, just looking at her, she really looks– she looks surprised that, like, “You really went cooking? You came here to learn how to cook?” Yes Yes, my wife, I did I’m actually trying to get in the kitchen with you, you know? – Yeah – And actually do my own, you know, cooking, so when you get home after a long day, you can have dinner I’m trying here – You’re doing a good job – Well, thank you – You’re welcome And cheers to you for making me dinner – Nah, cheers to our anniversary – That’s sweet Keith cooking me this meal is a dream come true He definitely went out of his way, and he showed me, you know, like, how committed he is to listening to the issues I have with doing all the cooking And seeing him put an effort to something that, like, for whatever reason he was scared out of his mind of doing, he did it, and he enjoyed it, and that was really the best part Thank you – You’re very welcome – This is definitely amazing – Thank you for looking amazing, being an amazing person, somebody that I want to keep forever – Oh, gosh, stop it – Stop. Oh, you blushing? – You’re so sweet Cut it out – Oh, you’re–you’re blushing – Yeah, a little Keith is amazing Like, if he’s not too careful and he keeps doing things like this, then I just might fall in love with him – ♪ I love you just the way ♪ ♪ Just the way ♪ ♪ Just the way you are ♪
– See? I’m glad you liked everything – I loved everything – ♪ It’s just another ♪ – ♪ Jus ♪ One of those days ♪ ♪ One of those days ♪ ♪ That keeps me crying ♪ ♪ ♪ – Hi ♪ ♪ Where were you this morning? – Sorry, I was hanging around with my friends I didn’t know how we had left things ♪ ♪ After our conversation about Kate’s 6.5 rating, Kate was clearly pretty unhappy when we went to bed last night You ready for those spicy dolmas? – Yes – It’s kind of hard for me when she has a bad attitude towards our marriage I feel like it’s not helpful or productive It’s gonna really kind of bring her down and won’t be helpful for the marriage I’m all about this sauce I’m so happy we had capers – Luke is telling Kate that he wants to make their marriage work, but his actions, like abandoning her on their one-month anniversary, speaks differently Sending your spouse these kinds of mixed messages is detrimental to the future of the marriage because it creates instability within the marital space, a space which should always be a source of safety and security for both husband and wife ♪ ♪ – Now we can take the rest of it for, like, lunch or something – You can take it ♪ ♪ There’s only three weeks left until decision day, and I’m not sure where Luke and I go from here – You all good? – Mm-hmm It just feels like I’m in this marriage alone right now ♪ ♪ I need to see some sort of glimmer of hope from my husband in order to make this work [somber music] ♪ ♪ [upbeat music] – Happy anniversary – Happy anniversary Love is like a fine wine – It gets better with age? – When you crush it, juice comes out [laughs] I don’t know – That’s quite the sexual reference you got there for marriage – [laughs] – I’m smitten over my wife I could just give you an absolute laundry list about the great things about her, but just ultimately we just get along She makes me laugh That’s a huge thing to me – So before I give you your gift, I just want to say thank you for being such an amazing husband this past month, and I just feel like I’m at home when I’m with you, and I really hope that we can keep this up because if we’re as happy as we are in one month, I don’t even know where we’re gonna be in a year – We might explode – We might explode [laughter] Every day I see more and more potential of falling in love, of being together forever, and it’s just very comforting So right now I’m feeling very optimistic, very hopeful, and it just keeps growing You want to open your present? ♪ ♪ – I like to guess ♪ ♪ – [laughs] Just open it [paper tearing] There’s another layer to rip past it – You know me so well You just make me keep opening stuff ♪ ♪ Our first pictures to put on the wall – Mm-hmm – These pictures are amazing, and I haven’t been in a relationship in so long, I haven’t had the feeling of anybody doing stuff for me like this, and it’s overwhelming It’s a very emotional feeling to see somebody put in the amount of effort to me that–because they care about me that I put into them It’s comforting It’s extremely–it’s a great feeling – And this was our walk around the city when we got back to Philly – You want to keep me? – I do And this is from when we did the body painting ♪ ♪ Yeah, rub that arm on [laughs] And remember this? This was the flowers you brought me – You liked those, huh? – I did – Well, I know that you only got to enjoy the flowers that I got you on the beach for a day and a half – Oh, my gosh – So I made sure I took a detailed picture of them, and I had them 100% recreated – Oh, my gosh, this is so pretty – That is pretty – I love the colors [laughs] You’re so cute Wow, this is gonna be so cool when these all bloom I can’t believe that you did this That’s so cool He knew I loved those flowers so much, so the fact that he can re-create them for me for such a special occasion, it just takes my breath away
♪ ♪ I love it You did a really good job – I can’t keep my eyes off you – [laughs] I can’t stop smiling at you Can we go home now and just go to bed? – To bang one out? – [laughs] – Next time on “Married at First Sight” With less than 2 1/2 weeks until decision day, our couples look toward the future – Where do you see us in the next five years? – With kids? – Nah – I kind of want kids right now, and Kristine plan is to wait a little more You know, I don’t know how to feel about that – Divorce is an option, and my gut is kind of telling me that’s what I should do – In my five-year plan, I hope to start coaching – But coaching doesn’t generate money – It does There’s a lot of things to think about before decision day – The airport is that way See the airport, left? – It’s–I g–no, I can go this way Stop, please – Okay AJ, he gets so mad that I hit my breaking point – I don’t want to get a divorce, because I care about you ♪ ♪ I care very deeply about Kate, and I’m not willing to give up on this marriage yet What do you need? – I don’t know ♪ ♪